Wednesday, February 27, 2008

RA Reflection

In my rhetorical analysis paper on Arab Image, I did as good as I had hoped to on it. I realize this is not an easy class, so for me to recieve what I did I was very proud of myself. A couple of things that worked on my paper was using the books quotes while helping get my point across, and using specific detail and points that helped to get the athors point across as well. These two things really helped to strengthen the paper in my opinion and they will definetly be something that I try to go back to in the future while writing.

When I say using the book for it quotes to help my point, I dont mean that I wrote my paper in first person. What I mean when I say this is that by using the authors context It helped me to express in my writing what my goal of doing this specific topic was. My goal in a nut shell, was to inform the readers out there not to ignorantly discriminate an entirety of another race, because of one major instance. . I feel like I did well on informing my readers about valid arguments and what reasons there were that made the discrimination and racism so ignorant. When someone tells another person not to do something. Unless in some cases it is their parent, elder, or just someone they look up to, then they have the tendency of just brushing it off, and doing as they please. But when you inform another person as to why they shouldnt do something for whatever reason and you put a certain sense of clairity and reasoning on it, then they might be more anept to remember what you say. If you are lucky enough to get your point across then they might even possibley even change their ways.

A couple of parts of my paper I really need to work on for next time is my organization skills, as well as my language use and mechanics. These are the two things I did not do as well in. I think my language use was off because a few of the words I chose did'nt fit very well into the sentecne, or my interpretation of the meaning was off. That is ok though, becaue it taught me now to better understand the true concept and meaning of some of those words that i may not have understood befor. As for my organization, I know I could have improved on this if I would have just spent extra time looking at my paper and trying to put peices of it in other places that would have made more sense. Or maybe even taking a couple of parts out. I also feel like it might not have help the readers attention very well at some points. But like I mentioned earlier, it betters me for next time.

1 comment:

Susanne said...

I think your topic touches a very important and touchy subject at the same time since no one gets more discriminated against than Arabs. Since I haven’t read your paper I cannot really say a lot about it, just so much you were definitely not the only one who had problems in the language use and mechanics category…I had considerable mistakes as I sometimes do not know the right words to use in every single context. I guess the only way to improve in this category is to read different kinds of literature, other readings and articles and books you like to improve in this category. However, I know it’s hard to do sometimes since other stuff, like hanging out with friends is way MORE fun!!! But I guess if you find a balance between it there is a good chance for us to improve in this area.